When you are thinking about engaging a landscape contractor it can be a daunting experience. Who do you choose, how do you know if you will be happy, will they understand your ideas, how much will it cost and many other thoughts.
1) Are you licensed - This may seem an obvious question but not many people remember to ask.
2) Can I see your license - You should only ever choose a licensed professional contractor for any work you wish to have carried out.
3) Can I see your insurance - All contractors should be fully insured and that insurance up to date.
4) Can I see photos of work you have done - Professional contractors should have their website gallery and may also have a data base of other projects they have not added to their website to show you.
5) How long have you been in business - Wether this is 12 months or 10 years you wan to know they are professional in their approach.
6) Are your staff qualified or training in this industry - Along with licensed professionals you want their staff to also be professionals who have learnt their craft.
7) Do you have a project manager or will I see you (person quoting) regularly - If it is important for you to know who will be onsite, then now is the time to ask. If you have questions throughout the project you need to know who to speak to.
8) Can you or will you provide drawing for the project - This will be project specific and should be discussed at your initial consultation.
9) Will you provide a notification of the stages I can expect for the project - This will be project specific and should be discussed at your initial consultation.
10) Am I able to choose the plants that will be included - Naturally, any landscaper should be happy to discuss with you the types of plants you want and advise as to solutions for any tricky areas.
Make sure to ask any and all of these questions to us or to anyone providing you with a quote for your work.
Nick and the team at Branching Out Co.